Sunday, October 12, 2008

postheadericon She aint like my momma!

Ok so everyone is talking about this Sarah Palin, that she is “just like me.” All these suburban “soccer/hockey” moms are saying, “OMG she is just like me.”

Please…! She aint like my momma!

This is the thing that kills me, it is literally killing me. Everyone is all about a candidate that’s “just like me.” Well you know what, there is a candidate that’s “just like me,” a black man from the south-side of Chicago that is well educated, articulate, and driven, and yet he is portrayed as “un-American.”

I know, I know, I just won’t get over the whole “un-American” thing, I can’t. It seems to be somewhat over now, maybe, but the fact that all these “soccer moms” or hockey or whatever they are seem to be all about this woman, not because she is great on the economy, not because she will help fully fund education, not because she has a somewhat coherent plan on any of the major issues (minus abortion), but simple because “she’s just like meeeeeeeee,” yay it’s so wonderful and great and the world is full of sunshine and rainbows so we don’t have to worry about other issues right?

Let me tell you something, my momma aint like Sarah Palin, my grandma aint like Sarah Palin, in fact, I only know of one mom who I have ever met who comes even remotely close to Sarah Palin, and with all she has to worry about it’s beyond me why she would even support this woman.

I grew up in a home with a single working mother, she worked two jobs (until she put me in Catholic school and then worked three to four), and we NEVER received one red penny of “welfare.” Now, maybe it’s because I come from a middle class African American household and neighborhood on the south-side of Chicago and everywhere else in the world people are like Palin, maybe I live in a bubble and that’s why I don’t know any woman that is “like her.”

Just about every woman that I know isn’t as sarcastic and self-righteous as she is; now that was mean of me, let me explain. I say she is self-righteous because she feels she is the “American woman.” She portrays herself up as more “real” and more “moral” than Obama, who just like her has a stable marriage and family, unlike her, his children aren’t out having premarital sex (now that’s mean).

Morals, her morality is flawed. To sit and constantly imply that a man, who certain uneducated and racist folks already think is an Arab (I will stop there because we all know the expletives that have been yelled out at Palin/McCain rallies-yes, Palin/McCain because that’s how its being run), cohorts with a terrorist, or to imply that he doesn’t support America, well I know no woman, soccer mom or not, who sits and gossips to the destruction of a good man’s character.

It’s one thing to debate the issues (say, abortion), it’s another to destroy a man’s character with lies or misrepresentation, my momma aint like that, and that’s a fact. My mother is a strong woman (a term in the Black community that they say is “strong, black, independent woman,” you know like Oprah lol), and she isn’t any man’s mouthpiece (like Palin is for McCain), she has her own opinion and her own voice. They say she’s a “pitbull in lipstick,” I think her rhetoric is just bull.

Now, this is about the meanest I shall get for a while, but it just BURNS me up when people feel they have the lock and key on morals.

Wake up AMERICA! Stop voting for people just because they “seem nice,” or they “look good.” There are way too many issues, if I voted for every person who was “just like me,” then I can only think of one politician I could ever vote for; I’m black and Catholic so both of those take away a vast majority of people on both sides of the political spectrum. So in short, she aint like my momma……………………Peace!

0 comments:

Which issue is most important to you?

Followers